Proxy.isProxy (Was: using Private name objects for declarative property definition.)

Andreas Gal gal at mozilla.com
Wed Jul 13 01:26:44 PDT 2011

I really don't think IsProxy is a good idea. It can lead to subtle bugs depending on whether an object is a DOM node, or a wrapper around a DOM node (or whether the embedding uses a proxy to implement DOM nodes or not). In Firefox we plan on making some DOM nodes proxies for example, but not others. I really don't think there is value in exposing this to programmers.

Andreas