Design principles for extending ES object abstractions

Luke Hoban lukeh at microsoft.com
Mon Jul 11 22:38:52 PDT 2011

>>You're talking about interoperation in the "old script calls new generator" sense. That's using generators from old script, *not* implementing them using imperative API *in old script*.

I'm actually interested in both directions of interoperation.  For example, future-jQuery might want to expose objects that are iterable and can be consumed in generators when used in ES6 syntax, but without itself opting into ES6.  It could presumably do so by implementing the required state machines by hand and exposing next/send/throw/close.

Luke