Design principles for extending ES object abstractions

David Herman dherman at mozilla.com
Fri Jul 8 17:53:46 PDT 2011

I think I still haven't fully grokked what <| means on array literals, but could it also be used to "subclass" Array? For example:

    function SubArray() {
        return SubArray.prototype <| [];
    }

    SubArray.prototype = new Array;

I'm not sure what Array.prototype methods would or wouldn't work on instances of SubArray.

Dave