JS control-structure abstractions, using tailnest flattening and tailcall optimization

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Fri Jul 8 10:09:48 PDT 2011

On Jul 8, 2011, at 7:34 AM, Claus Reinke wrote:

> Tailcall optimization guarantees that the callbacks will not overflow the runtime stack, and tailnest flattening keeps the
> level of syntactic nesting independent of the chain length.

ES.next has generators and proper tail calls already. I'm hard-pressed to call the syntax extensions you propose 'more readable" than what can be done with generators and libraries such as taskjs (https://github.com/dherman/taskjs). I have to say @< and expression-forms seem less readable in general.