\u0085 whitespace or a random unicode character by ES5?

Dave Fugate dfugate at microsoft.com
Wed Jul 6 15:09:12 PDT 2011

Hi Allen, this is a case where Canary and IE9 agree that \u0085 is whitespace or a line terminator as far as String.prototype.trim is concerned, but other browsers do not.  I'll file a spec bug to clarify the text as there seems to be confusion on the Web about this one (e.g., do a search on "ECMAScript" within http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline).  Also, doesn't help that Unicode 3.0 calls out<ftp://ftp.unicode.org/Public/3.0-Update/LineBreak-5.txt> \u0085 as being a line break.

Any ways, thanks for everyone's help!

Dave