[Harmony proxies] Non-configurable properties: fixed properties VS trap all with invariants enforcement

Tom Van Cutsem tomvc.be at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 02:15:52 PDT 2011

That's why it would be better if the behavior of FixedHandler could become
part of the built-in behavior of proxies.

One issue that requires some thought is whether the FixedHandler could ever
garbage collect fixed properties. I don't think that is possible, and that
would compromise proxy abstractions that emulate objects with an infinite
amount of properties that are derived implicitly from some other source. The
FixedHandler would store all of those - presumably generated - properties
explicitly.

Cheers,
Tom