[Harmony proxies] Non-configurable properties: fixed properties VS trap all with invariants enforcement

Tom Van Cutsem tomvc.be at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 01:59:27 PDT 2011

2011/7/3 Mark S. Miller <erights at google.com>

> On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 11:07 AM, David Bruant <david.bruant at labri.fr>wrote:
>
>> - Your code relies on current Proxy implementation behavior (FF4&5)
>> which doesn't do any check on the "configurable" attribute for
>> defineProperty and get{Own}PropertyDecsriptor traps
>>

> I didn't know that. Is there a bug filed on this yet or a test case that
> demonstrates this bug?

I knew about FF4&5's behavior, but did not yet submit a bug or include a
test case because we did not actually reach consensus on this topic yet.
That, in fact, is the whole reason why we are having this discussion on
fixed properties :-)

Hopefully, the FixedHandler shows that the changes required to proxies to
enforce non-configurability are acceptable, so that proxies can support its
behavior by default.

Cheers,
Tom