promises | Communicating Event-Loop Concurrency and Distribution

Irakli Gozalishvili rfobic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 08:00:59 PST 2011

Hi,

I was curious to know what is the state of the following proposal:
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:concurrency

I do believe that having ES native promises could provide drastically better
alternative for writing async code in comparison to currently popular nested
callback style. Also even though there are few implementations of Q API
adoption is still low IMO that's due to non obvious and verbose syntax.
Syntactic sugar described in the proposal really makes a lot of difference.
Also I don't see proposal for `Q.when` syntax and would love to know what is
the a plan for that.

Thanks
--
Irakli Gozalishvili