[whatwg] Cryptographically strong random numbers

David Wagner daw at cs.berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 16 09:45:40 PST 2011

Brendan Eich wrote:
> I'm happy if the answer is "all OSes, mobile and desktop, provide enough
> high quality randomness". Looking for data if anyone has it.

Here's what I've been able to find.

All desktop OSes that I'm aware of provide a way to get
crypto-quality randomness, including Windows, Mac, and Unix.

For mobile OSes, it looks like the following OSes provide a way
to get crypto-quality randomness: Android, Nokia's Maemo, MeeGo,
iOS on iPhone, Blackberry OS.  I can't attest to that personally;
it is based on the following:
http://security.stackexchange.com/q/2152/971

-- David