Harmony as a Compilation Target of my Dreams

Douglas Crockford douglas at crockford.com
Tue Feb 8 14:39:17 PST 2011

On 11:59 AM, Kris Kowal wrote:
> This is a half-baked idea. Harmony of Brendan's Dreams makes extensive
> use of new octothorp syntax. There is perhaps another use for
> octothorp prefixes: to annotate generated JavaScript with line numbers
> from the source.
Don't make me have to come after you with the half-baked thing again. We
have already have an abundance of half-baked ideas. What we need are
proven ideas.

Our greatest scarcity is ASCII special characters. We only have three
left. Brendan has proposed some uses for # and they seem like a good
tradeoff to me. Before going crazy with overload it, we should consider
other representations.