idea: try/catch and "rethrow"...?

Kyle Simpson getify at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 12:08:26 PST 2011

?Brendan/all--

I just tested, and the first snippet (just `throw`ing the same error object)
indeed worked as I wanted (preserved original source/line-number context)
in:  FF3.6/4, IE9, Saf5, and Op11. It only fails to preserve context in Chr8
(V8).

So, it would seem that my idea is valid and I'm way late to the game,
everyone's already done it (except for V8) and that I just need to file a V8
ticket. Sorry for the premature post without doing proper checking. That's
what I get for assuming too much about V8 and its standards-compliance.

I would like to know, is this something that is indeed spec'd for
JavaScript, or just an implementation detail? Should it be spec'd? Could it
even be spec'd?

--Kyle