Simple maps/sets: parameterize the comparator?

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Wed Dec 28 22:06:16 PST 2011

From: "Mark S. Miller" <erights at google.com>
> I take it you are simply reiterating the desire for a standard system provided high entropy object-identity hash that is guaranteed to correspond to === and is. I agree (though it didn't make it into ES6), but that's the dual of the question Axel is asking.

If we really need it, I believe that we can still choose to add a standard Object.hash to go along with Object.is, and not break the complexity budget or aspirational schedule. Just my two cents. We had some consensus in 2010 on how such a hash would avoid leaking addresses or partial address order:

https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2010-July/011489.html