Alternative proposal to privateName.public

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Mon Dec 26 10:40:45 PST 2011

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 7:54 AM, David Bruant <bruant.d at gmail.com> wrote:

> On a side note, I have seen a talk where someone mentionned that the
> "use the same JavaScript in server and client" was partially bullshit,
> because Node has support for some ES5 features that legacy web browsers
> can't even emu[l]ate.

A pointer would be appreciated, thanks. Caja has a rather complete
emulation of ES5 that runs in legacy browsers going back to IE6. The
features that we're missing -- synchronous "eval" and the "Function"
constructor -- are not features I would expect many Node programs to use.
What other features are we missing?

You can try out our emulation online at <
http://caja.appspot.com/trycaja/index.html> and <http://caja.appspot.com/>.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM