Alternative proposal to privateName.public

Tom Van Cutsem tomvc.be at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 08:15:53 PST 2011

> Le 22/12/2011 13:20, Tom Van Cutsem a écrit :
> > Having also just read about the different use cases of "private" names
> > versus just "unique" names,
> Can you give a link to or describe these uses cases? It will make easier
> (at least to me) understanding your proposal and compare it with other
> proposals.

I was just referring to the text on the private names proposal page, in
particular the section "Possible visibility flag" mentioning modular
monkey-patching.

The use case of modular monkey-patching is driven by the need for a unique
property name, not necessarily a private property name. The goal here is to
avoid name clashes.

Cheers,
Tom