Tue Dec 20 01:38:53 PST 2011

@Gavin Barraclough :

I don't get the point of having the code break in old browsers...
When you use this code:

"use version 6"; with ({hi:"Hi!"}) alert(hi);

It will throw an error and this is what you want it to do. Just like
when you used "use strict";
Of course, it would work in old browsers and not in new because they
would know with isnt allowed anymore. But again, that's what i expect:
When i dev in new browsers, it tells me what is bad and when I put it
on old browser, they just don't care and have it work.

But if you use:

use version 6;

to opt-in, then you CAN NOT write backward compatible code while using
some ES6 features (even those that can be polyfilled)...