Forward proxies with private names

David Bruant bruant.d at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 07:51:47 PST 2011

Le 18/12/2011 14:43, Herby Vojčík a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I've come with the idea how to let proxies forward private names
> without compromising the private name and the value stored under it,
> as well.
It is an interesting idea, but is there a use case associated with this
idea? As far as I'm concerned, I've been advocating to being able to
give access to a proxy to a private name directly (without
correspondance map).

I'm currently writing a proxy that records all activity happening on an
object for the purpose of being able to "replay" the different states an
object has gone through.

Unfortunately, your proposal does not cover this use case.

> Please, could revise it and find the flaws?
The main thing that bothers me with your proposal is that you hand the
responsibility to use the private name to the proxy (without giving it a
direct access to the name which, I admit, is an interesting idea).
I think the private name owners should be the ones deciding who they
trust and how they collaborate/communicate with the private name.

David