Property vs Behavior inheritance

Axel Rauschmayer axel at rauschma.de
Fri Dec 16 07:42:07 PST 2011

> I'll just re-state this paragraph to illustrate that the glass is half empty:
>
> Unlike classes, object exemplars are just objects. There is no language support for detecting a object exemplar; developers have no help in avoiding pernicious debilitating bugs caused by data values  in base classes.

“There is no language support for detecting a object exemplar” – via static analysis? Yes, tricky, one could infer object exemplars by looking at the operands of "new".

Would you say that either of these problems exist with class declarations that have object exemplar semantics?
=> Easier to detect via static analysis.
=> Can forbid non-method properties in prototypes.

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
axel at rauschma.de

home: rauschma.de