noSuchMethod: "funargs" + "invoke-only-phantoms"

Dmitry Soshnikov dmitry.soshnikov at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 05:48:37 PST 2011

Hi,

Here is the analysis of current "noSuchMethod" situation implemented via
proxies.

I summarized that never-ending thread from 2010 (
https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2010-October/011929.html),
since guys in JS community started to ask why proxies don't support
noSuchMethod.

It's written as a small article in a view of JS-code:
https://gist.github.com/1481018

Is there something to add? To change probably in the current Tom's
proposal? Etc.

P.S.: while I was writing the article, I started more to agree on
importance of the "extracted funargs" in this case, however the
"invoke-only-phantom" methods still and also (as it turns out) are needed
to users and required by them.

Cheers,
Dmitry.