[Harmony Proxies] Proxy argument for all traps

Tom Van Cutsem tomvc.be at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 06:19:10 PST 2011

Hi David,

As you note, this looks like a pretty contrived example.

It also looks like the "values" WeakMap and the makeProxy... function are
intended to be written independently. In that case, why should the module
using the WeakMap expect the "o" parameter passed to the callback to be an
object stored in its own WeakMap?

And since you create a new anonymous proxy handler per call to
makeProxy..., you might as well store a reference to the proxy in the
handler with no additional overhead.

All in all I'm happy with the design we ended up with thus far. It's safer
and less confusing (no runaway recursion hazards). The only option the
current design prohibits is to use a singleton shared handler that can
access the proxy.

Cheers,
Tom