__doc__ for functions, classes, objects etc.

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Tue Aug 23 13:59:43 PDT 2011

On 8/23/11 at 9:54, brendan at mozilla.com (Brendan Eich) wrote:

>2. Before function, a la javadoc comments, or first thing in body, a la the prologue directive idea?

I have found it difficult to read a Java program from top to
bottom because the javadoc comments proceed the function/method
header. I want to see what the compiler reads first and then
read the human commentary about what it means. With the way Java
is set up, I have to jump around in the source instead of
reading from top to bottom.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | Snow shuts down federal      | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | government, life goes on.    | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com |  - Associated press 2/9/2010 | Los Gatos,
CA 95032