Clean scope

Dmitry A. Soshnikov dmitry.soshnikov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 09:13:47 PDT 2011

In case if you don't use free variables, neither `eval` and nor inner
functions, then implementations (I am sure) provide optimizations not
capturing parent scope's bindings (at least I know one such an
implementation -- V8) -- these are your "clean functions". However,
theoretically, _all_ functions in ECMAScript are closures (except maybe
those which are created via the `Function` constructor which have only
global environment as their [[Scope]]). So, no, you can't specify
explicitly whether or not you need to capture lexical vars.

Info about optimizations: http://bit.ly/niboMr

Dmitry.