July TC39 meeting notes, day 1

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Mon Aug 15 11:10:54 PDT 2011

On Aug 14, 2011, at 6:55 AM, David Bruant wrote:

> That wasn't really my plan, but where is the right place to discuss
> ECMAScript-related topic of the DOM (like property descriptor of DOM
> properties)? public-script-coord?

public-script-coord is good for WebIDL discussion, and also JS bindings of WebIDL (people tend to cross-post JS binding issues to public-script-coord and es-discuss).

The document.cookie property's IDL is at

http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-HTML/html.html#ID-26809268

to wit:

           attribute DOMString       cookie;

According to the latest WebIDL spec,

http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-WebIDL-20110712/#interface-prototype-object

attributes in WebIDL correspond to accessor properties on the interface prototype object. So once browsers conform to WebIDL and implement ES5 fully, you should be able to inspect accordingly.