Wanted: standard Array function to append an array's elements to another array

Jeff Walden jwalden+es at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 1 09:25:40 PDT 2011

On 07/31/2011 03:57 AM, Andrea Giammarchi wrote:
> I agree mine is more a workaround while we need a solution but it's not about Array here, it's about number of arguments limit per function so once we have pushAll in place, all other methods will still suffer the "apply" problem

True.  It seems to me the fundamental problem is exposing n-ary functionality solely through a variadic interface, and not through an interface accepting an array.  Such interfaces are moderately handy for quick hacking.  Yet since they're not much handier than adding [] around the variadic arguments, I don't see that they provide much value.  Which still leaves the problem of the existing variadic methods, of course...

Jeff