Strangeness in CreateArgumentsObject definition

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Sun Sep 26 03:17:06 PDT 2010

Hi Oliver, I believe the spec is correct.

In non-strict mode, only callee is specified, although many implementations
may provide a de-facto caller as well.
In strict mode, both callee and caller are poisoned. arguments.caller is
poisoned in step 14.b as you noticed. On the next page, arguments.callee is
poisoned in step 14.c

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 3:00 AM, Oliver Hunt <oliver at apple.com> wrote:

> Section 10.6 describes the creation of the arguments object, most of which
> makes sense but i think there's a typo in step 14.
>
> Step 13 describes the definition of the callee property of the arguments
> object if strict == false
> Step 14 describes the creation of the _caller_ property if strict == true
>
> I assume that step 14 should be referring to the callee property, otherwise
> we're saying in strict mode arguments does not have a "callee" property, but
> does have a "caller" property that throws on all accesses.
>
> --Oliver

    Cheers,
    --MarkM