Classes as Sugar is now ready for discussion

Dirk Pranke dpranke at chromium.org
Wed Sep 8 14:59:18 PDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 2:39 PM, David Herman <dherman at mozilla.com> wrote:
>> Does that feeling carry over to any variants that might actually
>> include new syntax?
>
> The issue isn't whether it introduces new syntax, it's whether it introduces new semantics. The Traits library, as written, is completely implementable as a library in the existing language.

Agreed; perhaps my question was not clear. If there was a Traits-like
proposal that did include new syntax, would you be against it because
you can implement something similar as a library without needing new
semantics, or would you be more inclined to reserve judgement until
you could actually review a proposal and see what the proposed
benefits were?

-- Dirk