Object.eq is ready for discussion

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Sun Sep 5 07:40:46 PDT 2010

http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:egal

I have previously taken the position on this list that we should not add a
third equality construct to JavaScript. However, it is relevant to several
other strawmen that are likely to advance -- hasCode, Maps and Sets. Also,
its absence repeatedly bites me. I often accidentally code === when I mean
Object.eq because it's so hard to remember when ==='s brokenness matters.
Nevertheless, I am still ambivalent about adding it as standard equipment.
Opinions?

It is also on the agenda for the upcoming meeting.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM