Const functions with joining is ready for discussion

Mark S. Miller erights at google.com
Sun Sep 5 07:19:28 PDT 2010

At the last EcmaScript meeting, I proposed the "const function" notation
seen at <http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:const_functions>.

Someone -- my apologies, I forget who -- suggested that const functions
would make the old never-implemented ES3 joining optimization safe. (If you
don't know what that is, don't worry about it. The new explanation is self
contained.) I have now enhanced that strawman page with a promotion rule for
const functions that provides this optimization benefit is a predictable
manner.

Opinions?

--
    Cheers,