Harmony and globals

David Herman dherman at mozilla.com
Wed Oct 20 09:34:24 PDT 2010

This is discussed in the simple modules spec:

    http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:simple_modules

The top of the scope chain would not be a global *object* but there would still be global bindings.

One of the things on my to-do list is to create a strawman for where all the standard libraries would live. Presumably, the stuff that is in the initial global object in <= ES5 would be in scope by default, ie in the initial environment. So undefined, isNaN, Array, String, etc would still be accessible through the usual means.

Dave