Suggested RegExp Improvements

Marc Harter wavded at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 14:52:13 PST 2010

After considering all the breadth this discussion could take maybe it
would be wise to just focus on one issue at a time.  For me, the biggest
missing feature is lookbehind.  Its common to most languages
implementing the Perl-RegExp-syntax, it is very useful when looking for
patterns that follow or don't follow a particular pattern.  I guess I'm
confused why lookahead made it in but not lookbehind.  What do people
think about including this feature?

Marc