{ and } in regexps

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Fri Nov 12 08:27:43 PST 2010

On Nov 12, 2010, at 8:08 AM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:

> I don't think so.  See http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2010/08/25/chakra-interoperability-means-more-than-just-standards.aspx
>
> Hopefully for Harmony somebody will take on the challenge of updating the RegExp spec. to reflect reality.  We need a software archeologist to analyze the major browsers what the consensus spec. really is.

We have such an archeologist, in my opinion. See

http://blog.stevenlevithan.com/

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?emailassigned_to1=1&query_format=advanced&emailcc1=1&emaillongdesc1=1&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&email1=steves_list&emailtype1=substring

/be