Syntax Proposal: Allow Java-like Object Literals after constructor calls to set properties on created objects.

Jürg Lehni lists at scratchdisk.com
Wed Jun 30 16:25:42 PDT 2010

On 30 Jun 2010, at 23:32, Brendan Eich wrote:

> On Jun 30, 2010, at 2:15 PM, Erik Arvidsson wrote:
>
>> Sorry, Object.create was a mistake.
>
> A bit harsh, but my point is not about tone -- it is that the mistake in your view is the default values for missing attributes being false, not true. Right?

Rather than having missing boolean values default to true which somehow contradicts ES behavior when dealing with undefined boolean values (!undefined == true), I would have preferred if the properties were defined as their opposites, so default to false would make more sense: writable -> readOnly, configurable -> sealed, etc. But I guess it is what it is now.

Jürg