Announcing TC39 ECMAScript Test Suite Project - Test262

Allen Wirfs-Brock Allen.Wirfs-Brock at microsoft.com
Mon Jun 21 10:42:00 PDT 2010

The intent is a suite that tests an implementation against the actual requirement of the Ecma-262 standard. It will be based upon and similar to what you can already see in the Sputnik and ES5conform suites.  Those tests generally identify a specific requirement of a specific section of the spec. and then try to prove that the requirement is/isn't met by an implementation.

Give that the standard specification itself  is not particularly understandable to the general public, it probably isn't reasonable to expect that all the tests of the specification would be understandable to the same public.

However, reasonable understandability is a good goal.  What are some of the characteristics of the W3C suites that make them "acidic"?

Allen