EcmaScript i18n API proposal

Nebojša Ćirić cira at google.com
Wed Jun 9 06:11:12 PDT 2010

We would like to propose adding i18n API to the EcmaScript standard (either
as standard library or part of the language).

Our current proposal is at EcmaScript i18n
API<http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AW406aVETP5_ZGh0dHJxNXZfMGM4azV2a2Ro&hl=en>
(open
to edits). We will migrate the document to the proper strawman wiki page as
soon as we get access to it.

We feel that our current proposal represents the minimum set of objects and
methods needed, but we could certainly extend it to cover number/currency
formatting/parsing and possibly calendar support. Our main goal was to start
with minimal proposal and get early feedback from the community.

Please leave feedback to the proposed API either inside of the document or
post back to the mailing list.

--
Nebojša Ćirić

i18n team,