Structs

Sam Ruby rubys at intertwingly.net
Wed Jun 2 04:02:57 PDT 2010

On 06/02/2010 03:52 AM, Jason Orendorff wrote:

>> I'll still maintain that the choice that ECMA 334 takes, namely
>> that the assignment to b in the example above, makes a mutable
>> copy is a valid choice.
>
> I would expect
>    a[0].x = 3;
> to modify a[0], not a temporary copy of a[0]. How do you propose to
> make that work in ES?

I'll note that that is not the way strings work today:

a = "abc';

That being said, I'll agree that a[0].x = 3 would be a handy thing to
have.  (The clumsy alternative would be to require users to do a[0] =
new TA(...);).

> -j
> js-ctypes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Jsctypes/api

Thanks for the pointer to js-ctypes! I was unaware of this previously.

- Sam Ruby