Native modules

ihab.awad at gmail.com ihab.awad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 08:21:41 PST 2010

Perhaps I should also clarify what I mean here --

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:46 AM,  <ihab.awad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you really asking for a "service registry"?

A "module" is a piece of code that can be instantiated in multiple
isolated contexts. The ability to import a module provides no
authority. A module may be _implemented_ in pure ES or as "native"
code, but its API must still be the standard module API.

A "service" is an ES object that exposes some arbitrary API. The
ability to reach a service typically provides authority. A service may
(of course...) be _implemented_ in pure ES or as "native" code.

Ihab

--
Ihab A.B. Awad, Palo Alto, CA