Module system strawpersons

ihab.awad at gmail.com ihab.awad at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 17:49:08 PST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.com> wrote:
> So the spec is that import could nest an event loop? What scripts or event
> handlers/timeouts/etc. could run at that point? In general breaking the
> run-to-completion execution model means the importing script and its
> containing window could be destroyed, a zombie.

No, my proposal was that, if the system can determine that an import
is infrequently used or unlikely to be used, it can block the entire
event loop natively while fetching that delayed import. From the
viewpoint of the running code, nothing happened; it's just that wall
clock time ran forward a bit.

But maybe this is a bad idea. Never mind. :)

Ihab

--
Ihab A.B. Awad, Palo Alto, CA