Module system strawpersons

Mike Samuel mikesamuel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 16:11:48 PST 2010

2010/1/15 Kam Kasravi <kamkasravi at yahoo.com>:
> comments below...
> ________________________________

If the module needs all 3, then it needs to fetch all 3.

But if only one adapter is needed, then there is presumably some code
somewhere which chooses which adapter.  Let's call it the
bootstrapper.  Then the module relationship looks like:

    bootstrapper imports YUI-adapter
    YUI adapter imports YUI
    bootstrapper passes adapter to framework as a module parameter

Since modules are first class, and are parameterizable, dependencies
can be injected without requiring over-import.
By not importing the adapters that are not needed, the other libraries
are not imported.