Module isolation

Kris Kowal kris.kowal at cixar.com
Wed Jan 13 11:27:42 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 1:51 AM, Kevin Curtis <kevinc1846 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> The lexical_scope strawman looks very good.
> So, it's possible that:
> eval.hermetic =
> "use strict"
> + "use lexical scope" (which maybe subsumed by "use strict")
> +  top-level 'this' set to something which isn't the global object. Or
> removed (for eval.hermetic).

This is roughly my intent.  There would be little to distinguish a
module's scope from that of a strict, lexical, function scope with
arguments named by the caller.  The closure of a module would be
parented directly by a lexical scope containing the primordials of the
context by which the module was constructed.  Details and rationale
forthcoming.

Kris Kowal