Proxies: Additional item for January Agenda

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Sat Jan 9 22:43:46 PST 2010

On Jan 9, 2010, at 9:24 PM, Mark S. Miller wrote:

> Tom Van Cutsem & I are quite satisfied with the alternate catchall
> strawman we have posted as "proxies" at <http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:proxies
> >. The current state of this strawman reflects all the input we have
> received from discussions on es-discuss. It seems to hold up very
> well to all the use-case experiments we have subjected it to (as
> gedanken experiments we cannot run yet).

I raised a point about [[Invoke]] not being equivalent to [[Get]] and
then [[Call]] due to order of evaluation:

https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2009-December/010332.html

Did you or Tom have more thoughts on this issue? I couldn't find them
in the wiki page.

> I do not mean to monopolize the January meeting. But if no one has
> more pressing topics, I suggest all of these would also be good
> discussion topics for es-discuss between now and the January
> meeting. Especially if anyone has any remaining unaddressed
> objections to the weak-pointer or proxies strawmen.

We should definitely spend time on proxies and weak references, but
we'll have modules to cover too, with dherman and samth attending.