death to style guidelines

Irakli Gozalishvili rfobic at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 03:15:34 PDT 2010

Hi,

Please don't be too aggressive in replies, I know it's too ambitious & may
not lead to anything, but I still want to give it a try and suggest to:

Employ some of the decisions that being made with coffee script & python in
order to over all the wars regarding: 2 space vs 4 space vs tabs, where to
put braces, whether or not use optional semicolons. All the style
guidelines, just hurt developers, who have to switch mentally every time
they work on a project with a different style guides. Besides if I follow
correctly it's being agreed to make backwards incompatible syntax changes in
new version of ECMAScript :)

As a side note, I'd like to also mention that coffee script managed to
reduce verbosity so match, making writing code so much better experience!

Regards!
--
Irakli Gozalishvili
Web: http://www.jeditoolkit.com/