names [Was: Approach of new Object methods in ES5]

Asen Bozhilov asen.bozhilov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 14:47:11 PDT 2010

Brendan Eich wrote:
> On Apr 23, 2010, at 1:24 PM, Asen Bozhilov wrote:
>
>> Brendan Eich wrote:

>>> I should point out again that "use strict"; changes runtime
>>> semantics involving eval and arguments in ES5, it does not merely
>>> prevent programs from getting to runtime (i.e., it is not just
>>> stricter syntax, e.g. forbidding 'with').
>>>
>> But ES5 strict mode is not change only runtime semantics.
>
> Yes, we know -- I didn't say otherwise. Is this important to the point
> I was making in reply to Peter?

Yes it was important, because someone can quoted your words.  And
someone when read that and will see the name Brendan Eich - The creator
of JavaScript and can do error conclusion.

>> For example:
>>
>> [snip]
>
> Yup. ES5 spec is out, anyone can read it.
That was only example which prove my words. Your tone here sounds like:
"Anybody can RTFM"  and  is  not  related  with  my  response.

> I don't see the point in your reply yet. Excuse my bitchiness, but the
> noise to signal on this list is rising and I object.
You are excused. My previous reply have questionable character instead
of disapprove your words.
>> When they do syntactical restriction in strict mode, why they are not
>> remove automatic semicolon insertions?
>
> Are you digressing to summarize strict mode, and then ask questions
> about its design?
Any other response on my question was better than that question.

However thanks for your reply!