Approach of new Object methods in ES5

Erik Arvidsson erik.arvidsson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 10:50:41 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 10:28, Brendan Eich <brendan at mozilla.com> wrote:

> Object.create is the standardized form of Crock's beget. It's not bad for
> an API, albeit longer than b-e-g-e-t (but also less likely to collide,
> although collide it did with TIBET's create method on Object).

My main issue with Object.create is that it takes an object where the values
are property descriptors. Property descriptors are something I hope no one
ever has to use in end user code. They are verbose and have the wrong
defaults (I know we discussed this a lot and security over usability won).

--
erik