Complete ECMAScript 5th edition implementation

Dmitry A. Soshnikov dmitry.soshnikov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 12:03:18 PDT 2010

Hello Benjamin,

> Mark S. Miller schrieb:
>> Since it is open source, I have no objection to your posting the link.
>> Please do.
>>
> Okay good to know, the URL is
> http://vserver.rosseaux.net/projects/BESEN/

Thanks, it is interesting to test.

>>> And my other question is, does exist an another ES5-feature-complete
>>> implementation already (for comparing/checking against for bugs etc.)?
>>>

>> Not yet. At least none that's publicly available.
>  From this it follows that my implementation is the first publicly
> available ES5 feature-complete implementation (irrespective of the
> possibly remained not-yet-found bugs), right?

Yes, although there are already some implementations at the moment which
support some features of ES5 (Rhino, WebKit, Opera, Spider/TraceMonkey), your seems
is the most complete at the moment. But you have too test it on
conformance.

var x = 10;
alert(delete x);  // true, should be false (for [[Configurable]])
alert(x); // undefined

But identifier resolution for "x" binding (which should be resolved in
the global object since it isn't deleted) from the function, says not "undefined", but "x" is
not defined. If do not use delete, it resolves to 10.

(function () {
  alert(x);
})();

It is glad to see that with "use strict" almost all cases are correct
(although, I don't like strict mode itself). Inderect "eval" also
works fine using as ThisBinding global object.

Dmitry.