Web IDL Garden Hose

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Sun Sep 27 15:12:49 PDT 2009

Hi bz, I added you to the sender whitelist, so you can post to es-
discuss without being a member.

Your post at

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JulSep/1427.html

is good too, I'm linking it here for es-discuss's benefit.

In general the VBScript-inflicted foo(i) for foo[i] or foo.item[i]
syntax is a sore point with me, causing painful flashbacks to 1997. I
don't see why it should be in any W3C standard if it's not truly
required for web compat (as Gecko's lack of support for it implies).

/be