Web IDL Garden Hose (was: ECMA TC 39 / W3C HTML and WebApps WG coordination)

Cameron McCormack cam at mcc.id.au
Sat Sep 26 18:56:44 PDT 2009

Maciej Stachowiak:
> >    - Note: I think catchall deleters are used only by Web Storage and
> >not by other new or legacy interfaces.

Allen Wirfs-Brock:
> Seems like a strong reason to change to the proposed API to eliminate the need for
> a new ES language extension.

When writing Web IDL originally, it didn’t seem at all to me that host
objects were a disapproved of mechanism to get functionality that can’t
be implemented with native objects.  So having a [[Delete]] on a host
object be different from the Object [[Delete]] or the Array one seemed
fine to me.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/