WebIDL

Brendan Eich brendan at mozilla.com
Fri Sep 25 23:38:26 PDT 2009

> I did not single out Replaceable in my efforts to understand.

Sure, but it is certainly odd and I wanted to recount some of the
history, just so you'd know not to over-attend to it. ;-)

WebIDL comes from OMG IDL, much of the precedent is documented in
various online sites, CORBA books, etc. It's not all that strange or
bad, just a bit "'90s big OOP system" in flavor.

To understand it all takes a while, and Maciej allowed as how some of
it could be cut without harm. Maybe we should start there.