arguments.callee in Harmony

Breton Slivka zen at zenpsycho.com
Thu Sep 24 17:51:43 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Breton Slivka <zen at zenpsycho.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Yehuda Katz <wycats at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What I'd like to know is what the rationale for removing arguments.callee
>> from strict mode is. Is it a performance problem? If so, have implementors
>> tried other solutions at compile-time before agitating for the removal of a
>> language feature?
>> The argument that this is simply a strict mode change falls flat when we're
>> also told that Harmony will be built on ES5 strict mode. As far as I'm
>> concerned, anything missing in strict mode is effectively being removed from
>> the language.
>> -- Yehuda
>
> https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2009-March/008970.html

Apologies with the curt message. I seem to have suddenly lost my
ability to operate my computer competantly.

I meant to say, that the rational has been discussed at length in the
past. Here's the link to the mailing list thread about it:

https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2009-March/008970.html