arguments.callee in Harmony

Charles Jolley charles at sproutit.com
Thu Sep 24 16:06:47 PDT 2009

>> In general I think this particular approach is not developer
>> friendly enough.
> The function expression name is fairly irrelevant, so you could have
> a standard style guideline
> foo : function callee() {
>     callee.base.apply ...
> }

This is actually a really interesting idea.   I'll try to use it.  In
SproutCore's particular case we have a pre-processor that can insert
this also, just like PTW says for OpenLazlo.  It's still annoying for
those developers without a pre-processor to help them but better.

--

I'm curious, why not just give anonymous functions a default name like
"callee".  Or perhaps have "callee" defined in a function scope to

-Charles