another and possibly final ES5 errata

Garrett Smith dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 22:41:28 PDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock
<Allen.Wirfs-Brock at microsoft.com> wrote:
> As usual at
> http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=es3.1:es3.1_proposal_working_draft
>

> Noon Tuesday US Pacific coast time is about the latest I can receive any new
> issues and get them resolved in time for the Wednesday’s meeting where the
> ES5 spec. will be declared finished.

https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2009-September/009816.html

Function.prototype.toString

Current spec says it must return a string representation that has the
syntax of a FunctionDeclaration.

Problem is that implementations don't do that with anonymous functions.

Proposal to have it return a string representation that has the syntax
of a Function Definition (basically legalizes existing behavior in a
harmless way).

Garrett