(function foo(){}).propertyIsEnumerable("prototype"): true or false?

Allen Wirfs-Brock Allen.Wirfs-Brock at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 4 11:54:28 PDT 2009

I did some digging and I can't find any specific record of this decisions but it was probably briefly discussed at the Sept. 2008 TC39 meeting in Redmond as the change first appears in a set of changes prepared by Mark Miller that are labeled "post-redmond".

I think this is a good change that should stand as is.

Given that, there is variance between IE and FF, and also between FF/Chrome and Safari/Opera it seems very unlikely that any interoperable code depends upon this enumerability, one way or another.

It should however be listed Annex E.

Allen